2016/06/22

Road trip

I thought I should visit some of the National Parks here, like Sequoia National Park, Death Valley, Joshua Tree Park, Redwoods, ... and as I started planning my route, I realized that I should have at least one day per park and that it takes about 5-6 hours to get from one park to another. Well, I have to do research at some point as well ;-) So I decided that I should reduce the list and I ended up with Sequoia, Joshua Tree Park, Big Sur & Mcway Falls and the Computer Science Museum in Silicon Valley.

Big Sur (wikipedia).

Asking google for the distances and drives resulted in balanced driving-sight-seeing days (5 hours driving, 5 hours Joshua Tree Park hiking). All destinations are still in California - it's only one state and it feels like we're traveling all over Germany. A friend told me she has been visiting Death Valley and it was like "drive 200 miles, get off the car, walk 0.5 miles, drive 5 miles again, hike 1 mile, drive 300 miles to the next park".